Want to know how to do something in Premiere Pro? Let me know and I’ll make a video for you!
In this episode I’ll show you how to import footage from the Samsung Gear 360 Camera onto your Windows PC, stitch the VR footage using Gear 360 Action Director, and get started editing quickly in Premiere Pro CC 2017.
Tired of lag from a complex timeline? I was too so I started experimenting to get the speed up the Mac Pros (Mid 2012 silver towers) where I work. These are tried and true tips that will save you a lot of time when editing:
– get an SSD boot drive, it will cut down on program lag performance
– get a second SSD for your cache drive, all those .pek and preview files writing to a faster drive will cut down on your lag time.
– RAID your footage drives to reduce seek time and help you playback multiple streams of HD
– get a CompressHD to speed up your H.264 exports especially if that’s your dedicated export format
– upgrade to the best GPU you can afford, this really helps with effect playback and rendering to a master format like ProRes 422.
This list seems short but these tips ensure an aging Mac Pro runs smoothly for years regardless of ingest formats.